Thursday, March 6, 2014

Popovers-recipe

Have you ever had popovers?  I love their eggy-ness, that they are best warm from the oven but still yummy the next day, they are sugar free & that they are filling.  They can be eaten plain, w/honey, butter, jelly or jam or applesauce (our current dip of choice around here).  I have been making popovers & mini popovers for the kiddos for about 10 years & didn't even know until Sunday that there was such a thing as a popover pan. Yesterday I was racking my brain looking for something quick to throw in the oven for afternoon snack & realized I hadn't served them in ages, so popovers it was.  Then I realized I have never blogged the recipe to share, so here you go!

Popovers

preheat oven AND muffin pan(s) to 425

mix together:
1 c flour
1/4 t salt
1 c milk
2 eggs

pour into hot greased muffin tins
bake 30 minutes for full size muffins (8-12 for minis)
mine yesterday did NOT get puffy, the kids said they didn't pop over, they popped under (they all had divots in the top ;)) but still tasted yummy!

I could see baking them n custard cups like this recipe on allrecipes.com suggests for other occasions.

No comments: