Monday, June 9, 2014

Scrappy Weekend.

going by our normal summer calendar, last weekend would have been a camping weekend, but since the boat is broken+Tim's job has added some new responsibilities for him with deadlines that he takes seriously +it ended up being nasty camping weather=we stayed home. I scrapped & read a TON! I finished my 4th book in 2 weeks (that is a lot for me) and I scrapped 9 pages! Holy Moly I am not sure who I am today ;)  I even helped with supper & kept the dishwasher in a constant state of moving all weekend. Balance? did I really manage to find some balance this weekend? I think, maybe so.

Enough chatter--here are the pages from the weekend:
this one used some letters I had cut out with the cricut some time ago just inked them to make the coordinate with my paper, the camera die cut is really old, as are the 'perfect' & 'paradise' chip board words & the black file folder (you can barely see), the buttons & twine are from Close to My Heart & the cards are Elle's Studio, the paper & strips (cut from another full sheet) were from a paper pad I don't remember getting, I it must have been an impulse buy some time ;)  I do love this page!

Here I am using a collage printed as a 5x7 photo. This series of photos was so sweet! 2 littles getting to know each other at the campsite. the paper is old, the pink cardstock from a card kit, the washi tape, strip of paper, & rectangles are all a newish coordinating collection & I love that pink fiber ribbon stuff~its old too. 

I find myself buying paper w/a cool picture on it & then struggle to use it because the picture takes up the majority of the page.. what's the point??  I was pretty stoked to find that this 4x6 collage worked perfectly with this printed paper. The white pen on the black paper was a surprise because it went on clear & turned white as it dried-score! the title is chipboard letters that I inked to coordinate.


a 5x7 collage & a 4x6 print, odds & ends of old photos, embroidery floss, file folder & new Close to my Heart wooden embellishments. 

an 8x10 collage- this one took some time, I struggled & struggled, buried it & moved on then finally went back to it & it fell together easier.  the paper strip, hand cut banners & background paper are all from that mysterious paper pad The letter buttons are really old, but perfect for this page. 

 The full moon as it rose in the sky, the stars the lantern lights make with my camera, I love them both. everything but the letter stickers are from the same paper pad. The letter stickers are from a different summer themed pad, but worked really well here.

 Another 8x10 collage & pretty proud of this page! the creative title, the use of clock stamps & embellishments~love! 

 This is another one that I struggled with & am not entirely pleased with but its done & I am moving on.  Lots of odds & ends of embellishments used on that Elle's Studio journaling card.

 possibly my favorite from the whole weekend! I was stoked when I ran across this photo of Tim w/Gus (who was put to sleep the following year) & remembered I had just shared a meme on Facebook with that 'and so God made a dog' quote on it that was perfect for this page.  Thinking this one might hang in the hall on a magnet board for a while... 

WOW! That's the most pages I have completed in a while! Really good start for that weekend chapter as I have A LOT of photos from it :) 

How did you spend your weekend? 

No comments: