Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday 5: Summer week 1




  1. I have an A.MAZ.ING. group of kids! my bigs have been my anchors this week.  This is the first week of summer & our helper is on vacay to kick off her summer break from college, so she isn't able to help here. This coinciding, I have been awarding any & all of the following awards daily; 'matched time' rather than the 2 minutes of reading=1 minute of electronics, free electronic time & water paints at nap time .  I admit I was a bit concerned about how I was going to safely handle everyone at once on my own, but they reminded me that I don't have to. 
  2. This one is teething. Teething in the summer is miserable for all, but at least its not hot yet and we've had some new distractions this week with all the bigs filtering in & out daily.
  3. Thursday I finally followed through with a to-do.  We made homemade ice cream.  I had bought heavy cream from the food coop 2 weeks ago and kept putting it off, well getting more coop groceries last night, I decided to do it yesterday. 10AM.  Stop making everything so much harder than it needs to be, just do it.  so we inserted the canister & top, did the ice+salt layers by instruction of a 5 year old professional ice cream maker, plugged it in the outlet on the front step, & let 'er rip.  30ish minutes later we had amazing chocolate ice cream, to eat, before lunch. ahhhhh summertime! 
  4. coffee + kombucha- its how I am getting by this week. I am physically dragging but I think its more of the mental game I play that 'I can't handle them all on my own anymore' that weighs the body down unnecessarily. not sure what my excuse will be next week-ha! 
  5. I get to help some friends at their market booth tomorrow. Downtown Farmer's Market! YEAH BABY! I am excited! I love the buzz of the market, the excitement in the air, the sights, the sounds & even some of the smells :) Also, I love to help people out.  
This might be a fun little series to try to keep going... Are you on summer break yet? how did your week go?

No comments: